Ragging Is Totally Prohibited
as per UGC Regulations, 2009
[ Under Section 26(1) (g) of the University Grants Co mission Act, 19561 ]
Ragging is totally prohibited in the NITRA Technical campus and anyone found guilty of ragging and/or abetting ragging, whether actively or passively, or being a part of a conspiracy to promote ragging, is liable to be punished in accordance with UGC Regulations on curbing the menace of ragging in higher educational institutions as well as under the provisions of any penal law for the time being in force.
What Constitutes Ragging ?
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts :
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student;
- Indulging in rowdy or indisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student;
- asking any student to do any act which such students will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating sense of shame, or torment of embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student;
- any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher;
- exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to any individual or a group of students;
- any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students;
- any act of physical abuse including all variants of its; sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscence and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person;
- any act or abuse by spoken words, email, post, public insults, which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student;
- any act that affects the mental health and self-confidene of a fresher or any other student.
with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
|Important || ||Punishment(s) in the event of Ragging |
All the students are strictly warned not to indulge themselves in any kind of indiscipline, misconduct or any other acts which may be construed as ragging. Anti ragging squads will be highly vigilant and have frequent checks and rounds in the Campus, surrounding areas, hostels, canteens, cafeteria and all other areas including private lodged hostels outside the campus. Such acts shall not be permitted or condoned under any circumstances and strict disciplinary action will be taken against those who are found guilty.
- Fresher(s) and all other student(s) should desist from doing anything, with or against their will, even if ordered to by the senior students.
- Fresher(s) or any other student(s), whether being victims, or witnesses, in any incident of ragging are advised to promptly report such occurrence at the Anti-Ragging Committee.
- The campus will ensure that the identity of such informants shall be protected and shall not be subject to any adverse consequence only for the reason for having reported such incidents.
| ||Any one or more of the following punishment may be awarded namely , |
Provided that where the persons committing or abetting the act of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding 'withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefit.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding suits.
- Debarring from representing the Institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival etc.
- Suspension/ Expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the Institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the Institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for specified period.
Apart from inviting any disciplinary action, the erring student may also be subject to face any legal action as prescribed under Regulation.